LED Faux Fur Coats and Vests
LEDs and faux fur make a great combination. The lights can be embedded in the fur fabric so that they are hidden when they are off. When they are illuminated, the fur will act as a diffuser, for a softer glowing effect. Lighter colors of fur are generally better for transmitting the light.
In the examples below, the simpler designs begin with lighted accents on the collar and cuffs. With a larger number of LEDs, we can fill in the entire surface with a grid of lights.
- Red polka dotted vest with red LEDs
- Pink polka dotted vest with pink LEDs
- Color changing faux fur coat - a simpler version where 1/3 of the circles are filled, instead of all of them
- Fiber optic collar with color changing LEDs
- Full-length blue fur coat with blue LEDs on the collar and front edges
- Full-length pink and gray fur coat with white LEDs on the collar
- Shaggy red/black fur coat with red LEDs on the collar and cuffs
- White pimp coat with initials 'PD' lit up on the collar with white LEDs
- Full-length red fur coat with red LED outlines
- Long white coat with white LED accents, matching hat
Sample animation for the pink polka-dotted vest.